There is a need to wash your windows now and then. And if you want to DIY, we have a guide for you here. Although it may look simple, you may need professionals to do it for you. However, if you want to know the processes involved, we’ve documented it here.
There are quite a few simple window cleaning methods include, and two of them are
- The use of rope access technique
- Reach & Wash
For anyone who wants to know what the best solution for window cleaning is, here is your answer, and it’s simple; Water and detergent.
It doesn’t matter if the water is hot or cold, that doesn’t make any difference. As for the detergent to use, you can use any of the regular household detergents which you usually use to clean your dishes in the kitchen.
When you combine it with water, it forms a lather, which is an ideal soap solution for the removal of the most common stains or contaminants found on windows such as dirt, dust, grease from fingerprints, etc.
Forget all the luxury additives you’ve heard from anyone or the blogs, (additives like vinegar, alcohols or methylated spirits and even newspapers). According to High Pressure Cleaning, they are all not necessary they may also make your glass uglier! Most of the professional window washers use only a little more than water and a good detergent.
What are the Window Cleaning Tools and Equipment necessary?
- Bucket to hold the solution
- Washer/ Applicator
- Scraper (optional)
Simple methods of window cleaning
It is essential to make a note that it is the washing pad or applicator that does the main cleaning of the glass. So the more thoroughly you scrub the glass, the easier it will be to use the squeegee and also the result will be a lot better.
- Prepare the applicator or window washer by dipping it into your bucket of water so it is completely submerged and so that excess water can flow back into the bucket.
- Now move 4 to 5 lines of the detergent from one side of the washer to the other.
- Now, work the detergent with your fingers into the washer, do this until it completely dispersed.
- Then scrub the glass with the washer. Be sure to rub the glass well, also, do well to cover all the sections. You may pay particular attention to areas that may be easy to reach or lower, like those areas around the door handles. If you come under business owner list, you must keep this area clean always.
How to use the window squeegee
The window squeegee is used to remove excess water when the washer has properly cleaned the window. You use it to push all the water off the surface that has cleaned without allowing any run-off water was returning to it.
Then clean the top edge of the glass with a cloth of about 1 to 2CM wide from the right side to the other side.
After that, place the squeegee on top of the already dry top edge, make sure the rubber is at a 45-degree angle.
Then, pull it down to the right, toward the glass’ bottom edge, apply a slight but steady pressure as the movement, and hold on the angle at 45 degrees.
Clean any excess water off the squeegee rubber with a small piece of cloth and repeat this for the other parts of the pane. Make sure that the squeegee overlaps onto the drying area for about 5 cm, if it overlaps too much, the rubber is likely to grip the glass, which makes it difficult to pull down. If it is very little, the water may spill to the side, which leaves dried traces of water.
At this point, you may use a lint-free cloth to wipe the sides and bottom areas of the glass edge. With that take a piece of rug to clean the drips off the surrounding frame or from the ground.